Pecan Sweet Potato Pie Truffles Recipe
It’s been an unpredictable year, but one thing we can help you with this Holiday season is making some scrumptious desserts. Need some inspiration? Look no further! How about a selection of warm spices, silky sweet potatoes, candied pecans, a crunchy chocolate shell and smooth JEM Organics nut butter filling? Intrigued? These Pecan Sweet Potato Pie Truffles will leave your family and friends in awe! These truffles have it all. They look stunning with the pop of color AND they have all the textures you crave. A crunch in the beginning to break that chocolate shell, then that smooth and creamy filling. And don’t forget that pecan crunch as you take a second bite.
Our truffles are filled with JEM Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter, but there is no stopping you from trying another flavor if you have a different JEM Organics jar on the shelf. Might we suggest Maple Pecan Hazelnut Butter or Chocolate Hazelnut Butter?
Pecan Sweet Potato Pie Truffle Recipe by Alessandra Felice (@sweetnutrition_byale)
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1/4 cup of maple or rice syrup
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup JEM Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter
- 1 cup of sweet potato purée (baking your sweet potatoes whole makes the nicest consistency)
- 1/4 cup of maple
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of orange extract
- 1/4 cup of plant milk
- Pinch of salt
- Mix together all of the Caramelized Pecan ingredients and evenly spread on a sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 345 F for about 20-25 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Let cool completely, then roughly chop half of them and transfer to a small bowl.
- Place all Truffle Filling ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge for 10 minutes. Then scoop out a Tbsp of dough at a time and roll into a ball.
- Coat each one with the caramelized pecan crumble and then place on a tray/place and set in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Chop 200 grams of dark chocolate of your choice (mix of 72% and 100%), transfer to a glass/metal bowl and either melt in the microwave at a low setting stirring every 30 seconds to prevent from burning or place your bowl over a pot of simmering water and let the chocolate gently melt stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, drop each truffle ball in the chocolate making sure it’s evenly coated and then lift it up using a fork.
- Place on a plate/tray lined with baking paper and sprinkle the top with some more pecans.
- Set in the fridge for 10 minutes and you are done!