A wonderful healthier Halloween treat! No need to buy packaged candy that rots your child's teeth. Make homemade Snickers with JEM Organics and they will gobble it up faster than any other candy bar. This recipe is also great for Halloween parties and school bake sales. Get baking!
Healthy Vegan Snickers Recipe
- 1 can of cream coconut (13.5oz)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup JEM Organics Naked Almond Butter
- 1 ½ cup pitted dates (we used Joolies :))
- ½ cup JEM Organics Salted Caramel Almond Butter
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1 ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix together coconut flour, coconut cream and JEM Naked Almond Butter.
- Spread evenly on a parchment lined baking dish and let sit in the freezer until solid (about an hour)
- Let dates soak in hot water for 10 minutes, then add to a food processor or blender with JEM Salted Caramel Almond Butter. Blend together until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly on top of the nougat layer and put back into the freezer for 1 hour, or until solid.
- Melt the chocolate over the stove in a pot
- Cut the nougat and caramel into 1.5 inch squares.
- Carefully cover the squares in the chocolate and put back into the freezer until hardened.
- Remove and enjoy!