Cookie lovers, make sure you hold on to this recipe because these vegan treats are what dreams are made of. These cookies are made with our fan favorite JEM Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter. Think of a normal chocolate chip cookie except boosted with delicious flavor. They don’t get more scrumptious than this. Our Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the perfect treat to bring to a friend get together, company gathering, bake sale, etc. We hope you and your family/friends enjoy!
Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Alina (@plantbasedalina)
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 cup JEM Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbs ground flax seeds + 6 Tbs water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the flax eggs by mixing the flaxseed meal with the water and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut oil, almond butter, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Add in the flax eggs, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Stir in the flours, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and chocolate.
- Once a dough forms, scoop 1-2 Tbs portions on a parchment-lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and firm. Cool and serve w plant milk, nice cream, or more almond butter.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week, or in the freezer for 2-3 months.