With a little pumpkin and a little spice, our vegan pumpkin lentil curry is very subtle and very nice! The perfect healthy comfort for your family meals this fall.
Vegan Pumpkin Lentil Spinach Curry Soup Recipe
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ⅓ cup JEM Organics Cashew Curry Tahini
- 1 cup red lentils (dry)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup cashews
- Fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes, just until it starts to turn golden.
- Stir in the garlic and curry paste and cook for about 1 minute, until the curry paste is fully incorporated.
- Stir in the broth, coconut milk, pumpkin, tomato paste, and lentils. Cover and cook on medium-low heat about 15 minutes, until the lentils are cooked, but not too soft. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- During the last 3-5 minutes of cooking, add 2 cups of baby spinach – allowing it to wilt into the curry.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, cauliflower or your favorite base.