These Elderberry Muffins will keep you warm and cozy on cold winter days and the crumble on top makes these muffins even more scrumptious. Elderberry is known to help give your immune system an extra kick it needs. Perfect for these cold winter months coming up. So don't feel guilty grabbing one of these muffins.
Vegan Elderberry muffins Recipe Inspired by Marly McMillen (@namelymarly)
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (we used almonds)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- JEM Organics Elderberry Cashew Almond Butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 8 Tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 cup plant based milk (we used almond)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ⅔ cup sugar (we used coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix crumble topping ingredients together and set aside
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt) together in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl mix together applesauce, plant based milk, sugar, vinegar, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. It’s okay if it’s a bit lumpy, you don't want to overmix so the muffins won't be fluffy.
- In a greased muffin sheet, fill the muffin cups about halfway with batter. Take a spoonful of JEM Organics Elderberry Cashew Almond Butter and dollop it on top. Then fill the rest of the way with more batter. Top with the crumble and repeat to all the cups.
- Bake for about 17-20 minutes. Let cool before serving!