The only thing that's better than a carrot cake, is a carrot cake sandwich cookie! Two soft and scrumptious carrot cake cookies filled with a cardamom cream cheese frosting made with JEM Organics Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter. Even though these are vegan cookies, no one would be able to tell the difference. So delicious and a wonderful fall recipe to share with friends and family.
Vegan Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies with Cardamom Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe Inspired by Karissa's Vegan Kitchen (@karissasvegankitchen)
- ½ cup vegan butter at room temp
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1.5 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Cream cheese frosting, can do store bought or make your own
- ¼ cup JEM Organics Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter
- Beat together vegan butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In another bowl mix flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine dry ingredients with the butter mixture. Add almond milk and fold in carrots and pecans.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge for 30 minutes, and preheat your oven to 325 while you wait. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take a large tablespoon of the mixture and form into a ball. Place balls on the lined baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press the balls down slightly to form thick disks.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- While they are baking mix together cream cheese frosting and add the Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter.
- Let the cookies cool completely, dollop the cardamom cream cheese frosting mixture onto the flat side of the cookie. Use another cookie to complete the sandwich.