Vegan Baked Donuts
Happy National Donut Day! In true JEM fashion we have a healthier twist on the classic pasty. These Vegan Baked Donuts are easy to make, healthy and surprisingly delicious. Celebrate donut day and make them for your self!
Vegan Baked Donuts Recipe (Inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie)
- ¼ cup plant based milk of choice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 Tbs oil
- 1 Tbs JEM Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter (or really any flavor of your choice)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- JEM Nut Butters of your choice for drizzling on top. We used Salted Caramel and Chocolate Hazelnut
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbs milk of choice
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, oil, maple syrup and JEM.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Grease a donut pan, or if you don't have one you can use the back of a mini muffin tin like we did.
- Fill your pan, or if using a muffin tin, fill a small ziplock bag with donut mixture. Cut the corner with about an inch long slit. Carefully pipe the mixture in a ring around the back of the muffin tin circles. (where a muffin would go is acting as the hole in the donut and the filling is around it)
- Bake for 8 minutes or until they have risen and are cooked through
- Let sit before topping.
- Mix together your glaze ingredients until combined and runny. Once the donuts are cool, top your donuts with the glaze and drizzle JEM on top.
- Let sit for a few minutes until the glaze hardens