For a healthier take on a classic snack mix, we have Salted Caramel Puppy Chow made with our JEM Organics Salted Caramel Almond Butter! It's sweet, salty and an instant crowd-pleaser. Our Puppy Chow is loaded with chocolate, pretzels, and Chex cereal, and the best part? You can make it your own by adding any of your favorite ingredients. Perfect for a game-day snack or a trip to the fall festival.
Salted Caramel Puppy Chow
- 9 cups/1 box of Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup JEM Organics Salted Caramel Almond Butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Peanuts (or nut of choice)
- Gallon bags
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Once they are fully melted, mix in JEM Salted Caramel Almond Butter. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds if needed.
- Measure out the Chex into a big mixing bowl. Slowly add the chocolate/JEM mixture, mixing as you go. Make sure all the pieces are evenly coated.
- Grab a gallon bag, add one cup of powdered sugar to the bottom. Add half the chocolate covered Chex, another cup of powdered sugar and the rest of the Chex mixture. Seal the bag and shake like crazy! Make sure all the pieces are evenly coated with the powdered sugar.
- Lay out on a baking sheet and it let cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or so.
- Put back into a big bowl. Add peanuts and pretzels of your desired amount (we eyeballed it) and mix all together and enjoy!