Bu-bye 2020 and hello 2021! Now that we are in a new year filled with fresh beginnings, what better way to celebrate than with a fresh Key Lime Pie? But this is no ordinary Key Lime, this is a Key Lime Pistachio Pie made with JEM Organics Pistachio Ginseng Cashew Butter. Made from simple ingredients and minimal sugar, this pie is delicious and guilt-free. Did we mention this recipe gluten-free and vegan? Smooth and sweet with a zing of zest. Normally, this pie is considered a summer treat, but after a hardy winter meal, we think it’s a perfectly light and refreshing winter treat. Put your apron on and enjoy!
Key Lime Pistachio Pie by Danielle Bear (@cacaoforcoconuts)
- 5 dates, pitted
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 Tbsp JEM Organics Pistachio Ginseng Cashew Butter
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Juice from 3 lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon + more for topping
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Soak cashews for 8 hours (or 30 minutes in hot water).
- Put and soak dates for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- In a food processor, make the crust. Start with the dates and then add in pistachios and pistachio butter. Add in motor nut butter if the crust isn’t binding together!
- Press into a parchment lined pie pan. Try and distribute evenly! I like to use a springform one so that you can easily take the sides off and pop the pie out. I used a 7” round. Set aside.
- Clean the food processor before making the key lime filling!
- Add the cashews and coconut milk to food processor first. Blend to a cream before adding everything else!
- Pour filling over the crust and top with more lime zest.
- Freeze overnight (or 7-8 hours). Let thaw slightly before slicing and freezing!
Notes: Store in freezer!