Thank goodness…it’s Pumpkin Spice Season! The leaves are turning. The brisk breeze is rolling in. And Fall boots and jackets are starting to appear. Even though Fall is upon us, we’ve been trying to hold onto those last days of Summer. Here at JEM Organics, we've been looking for a snack that tastes like Fall, but keep us thinking Summer. Luckily, our friend Danielle Bear (@cacaoforcoconuts_) introduced us to the Pumpkin Spice Smoothie! It’s the perfect blend of some amazingly nutritious and healthy Fall ingredients, and keeps our Summer habit of a smoothie bowl indulgence.
This recipe is great for a midday pick me up, an after school snack or even a light meal on a warm Fall day. This pumpkin treat is drizzled with some JEM Organics Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter, which means added benefits that you’ll love. Cashews are rich in fiber, healthy fats and can promote weight loss, blood sugar control and heart health. It never hurts to add cashews, especially sprouted cashews like we use in our JEM products, to your daily diet. Cardamom has powerful antioxidant properties, which can help lower blood pressure and …... Let’s just say, don’t feel guilty having a spoonful of JEM Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter!
Enjoy this guilt free Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Recipe by Danielle Bear!
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1/2 cup roasted then frozen sweet potato (I used purple)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 steamed then frozen zucchini slices
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1 Tbsp JEM Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter
- 3/4 cup nut milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut yogurt (optional)
- Blend everything up, adding more liquid if needed.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Top with more JEM Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter, or perhaps JEM Salted Caramel Cashew Almond Butter, and your favorite crunch.
- Serves one!