Ever try Baklava? It’s a phyllo pastry, originating in the Middle East, filled with chopped nuts and soaked in honey. This soft pillowy cookie, with a sweet orange glaze and topped with a sweet and nutty crumble is simply irresistible. Pistachios, orange, warming spices, such as cinnamon and caramel, honey (or maple syrup); it’s a harmony that can’t be beat. This unbelievable recipe, by Dani Breiner, uses JEM Organics Pistachio Ginseng Cashew Butter to up the flavor profile even more, making these all the more irresistible. These cookies are very simple to make. They only require one bowl and come together very quickly. We hope they become a staple in your house!
Pistachio Baklava Cookie Recipe by Dani Breiner (@danishealthyeats)
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot or tapioca flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp melted ghee or vegan butter (can also sub coconut oil)
- 1 Tbsp JEM Organics Pistachio Ginseng Cashew Butter
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil or ghee
- 2 Tbsp Jem Organic Pistachio Ginseng Butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut butter
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients. Then, add in your wet. Stir until your dough forms. Drop by spoonfuls onto a lined cookie sheet. Either using the bottom of a jar/cup or your palm, gently press down the dough. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the glaze, combine all ingredients until you reach a glaze consistency. Drizzle the cooled cookies.
- Combine all nut crumble ingredients together. Divide amongst the cookies.