In celebration of Cinco de Mayo we added a JEM twist to some classic Mexican dishes! Arroz con Leche is a very popular Mexican sweet dessert that is quite easy to make. Add JEM Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter to make it even richer and creamier!
Mexican Rice Pudding / Arroz con Leche Recipe Inspired by Mexico In My Kitchen
- ¾ cup short white rice
- 2 ½ cup water
- 1 small piece of cinnamon stick
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- 1 Tbsp of JEM Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter
- Ground cinnamon for dusting
- In a pot combine water, rice and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer uncovered. Let simmer for 20 minutes, until the water has mostly evaporated and the rice is tender.
- While the rice cooks, combine the milk and the condensed milk.
- Remove the rice from the heat, mix in the condensed milk mixture.
- Put back on the stove and let simmer until thickened. Around 10 minutes.
- Mix in the Cinnamon Maca and raisins.
- Serve warm, and top with a dash of cinnamon, a drizzle of Cinnamon Maca and additional raisins.