Happy St. Patrick’s Day! To celebrate, we have a green recipe for you to enjoy at breakfast, as a midday pick me up snack or for a yummy dessert. No, we aren’t talking about green eggs and ham. We’re talking about Green Matcha Pistachio Pancakes! And guess what, no flour required! These pancakes incorporate JEM Organics Pistachio Ginseng Cashew Butter, banana, egg and protein powder. This pancake recipe by Danielle Bear is a great meal to fill you up before all of the celebrations and it’s a perfect post workout meal. Bottom line is...these pancakes are delicious. Whether it’s St. Patrick’s Day or not, eat your greens!
Matcha Pistachio Pancakes Recipe by Danielle Bear (@cacaoforcoconuts_)
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 Tbsp scoops protein powder (*I used matcha protein powder)
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax, 5 Tbsp water)
- 1.5 - 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 Tbsp JEM Organics Pistachio Ginseng Cashew Butter
- 1 tsp spirulina
- Optional: small handful of spinach
- Note: You can also do 3 Tbsp regular protein powder and 1 Tbsp culinary matcha powder
- Make the flax egg mixture, set aside.
- In a bowl, mash the banana.
- Add in the protein powder, spirulina, nut butter and flax egg.
- If you add spinach, add the mix to the blender along with almond milk and spinach. If you are skipping spinach, add the almond milk directly to the bowl and mix until powder is all incorporated.
- Heat up a skillet and lightly oil.
- Make your pancakes!
- Top with more JEM Pistachio Ginseng Cashew Butter, pistachios, kiwi and buckwheat!