Easy Thai No Peanut Chicken Wings
Looking for a healthy alternative to peanut butter, allergic to peanuts, or simply just not peanuts' biggest fan? Well, you have come to the right place. We have an easy Thai No Peanut Chicken Wing recipe that uses JEM Naked Almond Butter instead of peanut butter! We recommend this recipe to anyone, but especially to those football fans out there needing an easy, tasty, and healthy snack. We are always looking to incorporate more nutritious ingredients into our all of our meals and desserts.
Easy Thai No Peanut Chicken Wings by Jenn Mscisz (@food_hype_man)
- 1 pound of chicken wings
- 1 bottle of store bought teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup JEM Naked Almond Butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 thai chili pepper (these are little, red peppers and are fairly spicy. Use less or omit altogether if you prefer mild spice)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ shallot
- 3 tablespoons of ginger
- ½ cup Tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- The juice from ½ of a lime
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Start off by marinating your chicken wings in 1 cup of teriyaki sauce in a large bowl.
- Give the wings a toss, you want them to be coated in the teriyaki sauce.
- Once coated, let marinate in the fridge. These can marinate anywhere for 20 minutes to overnight depending on how much time you have.
- To cook the wings you can use an air fryer or a grill (but we recommend using the air fryer if you have one)
- Air fryer: Lay tinfoil down and put wings in an even layer in the fryer. Air fry for 10 minutes at 400 degrees and then pull out the tray and flip the wings. Cook for another 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Grill: Preheat grill to medium high heat. Grill, flipping the wings every 5 minutes, for a total of 20 minutes of cooking.
5. Once the wings are finished, place them however you like on a platter and drizzle with as much sauce as you like (when ready).
6. Top with toasted sesame seeds and any other garnish you like. We recommend parsley and chopped fresno chili for some color and added heat.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to a blender and blend until it’s smooth. If the sauce it a little too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time until the consistency of the sauce is silky and smooth.