In celebration of Cinco de Mayo we added a JEM twist to some classic Mexican dishes! Horchata is a creamy, cinnamony, almond and rice based drink. It’s refreshing, easy to make and is dairy free, gluten free and vegan! We added our fan favorite Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter to it to add even more depth to the cinnamon flavor and the extra health benefits of maca.
Cinnamon Maca Horchata Recipe Inspired by Isabel Eats
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp of JEM Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter, or more if you desire
- Add three cups of water, almonds and rice and broken cinnamon stick to a bowl. Cover and let sit in the fridge for four hours, but ideally overnight.
- Remove mixture from fridge, add to a high power blender. Add in the JEM Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter
- Blend until creamy and smooth. About three minutes
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the mixture into a pitcher. Repeat this a few times until all the grain is out and it is smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the sugar, vanilla and the last cup of water. Mix until combined.
- Pour over ice and top with a dash of cinnamon and drizzle of cinnamon maca and enjoy!