How to Make Jem "Truffles" Like a Hawaiian:
- Make, buy or dream up your gluten free "base" being a bread or soft cookie. Slice into half moon shapes like in the first photo below.
- Smear the Jem Butter of your choice, also as seen in the first photo
- roll into a ball so that the Jem is the center of the "truffle" (we were able to use just one 1.25 ounce jar for 4 truffles)
- roll in chia seeds (see second photo below)
- consider rolling in chopped macadamia nuts for a second touch of Hawaii
- place four "truffles" in a square box that doesn't allow the balls to move too much, keeping the chia seeds intact
- add a ribbon and give to a loved one