Looking for a way to snack that leaves you feeling energized?
Come 2 o'clock, we all know the feeling: how much longer until this day is over –– or at least dinner time? Here are a few ideas that have become our go-to's to avoid a mid-day crash on top of low energy. A lot of snacking is artificial sugar loaded and leaves you crashing even when you're already exhausted –– so try these ideas to avoid the mid-day slump and sugar crash that'll inevitably follow.
First and foremost, skip the fourth cup of coffee and grab a tall glass of water. Second, reference this list with your jar of Jem in-hand.
Feel Good Snacking Ideas From The Jem Team:
- Roll almond butter, oats, honey, dried fruit and nuts together and cover with cacao powder (pictured above)
- Lemon water with a tiny pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Apple cider vinegar mixed with bubbly water
- Raw, sprouted almonds mixed with other nuts, dried berries, and raw cacao or dark chocolate nibs (salt if you must)
- Fresh celery, apples, broccoli, and carrot sticks with some Jem Nut Butters
- Yogurt! Add Jem, fresh berries, hemp seeds, a banana, honey or bee pollen if you need an extra boost for a pre-dinner workout
- Green tea or maté. If you must have caffeine, or if you're slowly coming off the caffeine wagon, green tea and maté are great substitutes to black tea or coffee.
- A tablespoon or two of almond butter. Sounds too simple, but almonds last a while in us, and what's better than a spoonful of Jem?
- Miso soup. Add a wedge of freshly sliced avocado and a handful of greens to your hot water and miso soup mix –– you have yourself a mini cup of energy.
Tag us in your Jem posts and recipes to share Jem Recipes with us and other Jem Lovers. #JemButters #ShareJem #JemRecipes