Ingredient Spotlight: Maqui Berry
A small purple berry grows in the Patagonia region of Chile. We have chosen to blend this “Jem of the earth,” super berry in our organic sprouted almond spread for its extremely high antioxidant quality, specifically the well-known anti-aging flavonoids, anthocyanins, and its mild tart flavor.
Certified Organic Maqui Berry Powder
With a deep berry flavor similar to blackberries, maqui berries are a wild-grown superfruit native to Chile. There, the Mapuche people have been consuming maqui for centuries to help boost strength and stamina. The rich, purple pigment of this amazing fruit indicates the presence of antioxidants such as anthocyanins and polyphenols. Maqui berries also have calcium and iron, as well as vitamins A, C, B1, and B3. This little berry packs a lot of punch!
Maqui Berry Powder has:
- Vitamin A which may contribute to healthy immunity, vision, bone health and cell integrity
- Vitamin C which may function as an antioxidant as well as contribute to healthy immunity and bone health
- Vitamin B1 which may contribute to mental function and metabolism
- Vitamin B3 which may help regulate metabolism and support normal cell growth
- Magnesium which may contribute to normal bone health and immunity
- Calcium which may assist in supporting strong bones
- Potassium which may help maintain normal blood pressure in combination with a low sodium diet
Patient as a mountain and wild as the seasons, Maqui and Camu Camu combined find their sweet and complex flavor in the richness of the wild soils of Patagonia and The Andes. Two antioxidant berries and raw sprouted almonds make this blend perfect for the adventurous at heart.
Shop Superberry Maqui Camu Almond Butter at our Jem Nut Butter Shop.